'Tis the season for close family, fond memories and overeating... our favorite. With these soul fulfilling things though also comes a not so desirable thing: holiday travel. This year, take a few handy tips from Promocodewatch and get through the holiday season without ripping all of your hair out! Such a beautiful head of hair you have.
5 Tips for Holiday Traveling in 2016
- Book Early: Of course, the best tip for holiday travel in 2016 is the same as it is every year. Get your tickets as early as you possibly can! With each passing day, tickets get more expensive for flights, trains and buses, particularly around the holidays. It's best to book these well in advance. Check out Jetblue for affordable flights across the country!
- Travel Light: Here at Promocodewatch, we like to travel light. As in, carry-on only. Now, we're not forcing you to follow suit but we do suggest keeping the baggage to a minimum. Traveling light makes the entire holiday travel experience less stressful and cheaper, since you have to pay for checking-in luggage with most airlines. For another thing, with so many people traveling all at once, the holidays tend to be the time of highest probability for misplacing luggage. It's certainly not a high probability, likely not even 1%. We aren't losing sleep over it. But we also don't take chances when it comes to our stuff! Travel light and avoid wearing grandma's kitten sweaters for your Thanksgiving dinner. Try Samsonite for stylish, affordable luggage.
- Always Find Deals: Holiday travel and promo codes go together like bacon and eggs. Before you buy a ticket, make sure you scour the web for holiday travel promo codes and various holiday travel deals. These offers aim to get you and your family together for as cheap as possible. Expedia is one of our favorite sites for finding travel deals.
- Delete Your Cookies: And no we're not talking about grandma's oatmeal raisin cookies. Deleting internet browser cookies after checking flight prices will help you get the cheapest fares possible. Many times, sites will jack up prices after you've checked the first time. Deleting your cookies will make it seem like you've never checked prices for the flight in the first place, keeping the fares low!
- Be Timely: Make sure to be timely when buying travel tickets and especially when traveling. Catch an Uber to get to the airport on time and without having to worry about parking your car. And don't forget to arrive at least an hour early, even two hours early if traveling near the holiday, as airports will be at their busiest during these times.